Anthem, Inc Behavioral Health Case Manager I - (Foster Care, Adolescents, Young Adults) - Atlanta, GA PS26508 in Atlanta, Georgia
Behavioral Health Case Manager I - (Foster Care, Adolescents, Young Adults) - Atlanta, GA PS26508
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Requisition #: PS26508
Post Date: Sep 09, 2019
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Behavioral Health Case Manager I (Foster Care, Adolescents, Young Adults) - Atlanta, GA PS21069
Work Location: This position will work initially from our Dunwoody office in Atlanta, GA. Once training is complete and performance metrics are met (approximately 6 months) you will be offered the opportunity to work from your home office as long as you reside in the Atlanta, GA area.
The Behavioral Health Case Manager I (Georgia Medicaid) is responsible for performing case management telephonically primarily and/or by member visits occasionally within the scope of licensure for members (children, adolescents, and young adults) with behavioral health, physical health, and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member physical and behavioral health needs.
• Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
• Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed.
• Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care.
• Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
• Requires MS or MA in social work, counseling, or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing;3 years clinical experience in social work counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
• Current active unrestricted license as an RN, LCSW, LMHC, LPC, LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in the state of Georgia required.
• For Government business only LAPC, LAMFT, LMSW (as allowed by applicable state laws - in the state of Georgia), is also acceptable in addition to other licensure referenced above; and any other state or federal requirements that may apply.
• Experience in case management and telephonic and/or in person coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders preferred.
• Requires strong computer skills, including MS Excel, and MS Office.
• Knowledge of Foster Care, Adoption, and Juvenile Justice System highly desired.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2018 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.