Anthem, Inc. Case Management Medical Director in Reston, Virginia
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Given Anthem’s scale, balance sheet, broad national reach and depth at the local market level, Anthem has established a new business unit called the Diversified Business Group. The Diversified Business Group is a solutions-oriented business unit within the Company that will support Anthem and other external clients in the pursuit of transforming healthcare.
We are hiring a Case Management Medical Director. Responsible for the administration of physical medical services, to ensure the appropriate and most cost effective medical care is received. May be responsible for developing and implementing programs to improve quality, cost, and outcomes. May provide clinical consultation and serve as clinical/strategic advisor to enhance clinical operations. May identify cost of care opportunities . May serve as a resource to staff including Medical Director Associates. May be responsible for an entire clinical program.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Supports clinicians to ensure timely and consistent responses to members and providers.
• Provides guidance for clinical operational aspects of a program and will support care management team
• Serves as a resource and consultant to other areas of the company.
• May be required to represent the company to external entities and/or serve on internal and/or external committees.
• May chair company committees. Interprets medical policies and clinical guidelines.
• May develop and propose new medical solution and will be a clinical subject matter expert to the product team as needed
• Leads, develops, directs and implements clinical and non-clinical activities that impact health care quality cost and outcomes.
• Identifies and develops opportunities for innovation to increase effectiveness and quality. Will be able to explain the value our care management solutions bring.
Requires MD or DO and Board certification (Internal Medicine or Family Practice preferred) approved by one of the following certifying boards is required, where applicable to duties being performed, American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
Must possess an active unrestricted medical license to practice medicine or a health profession.
Unless expressly allowed by state or federal law, or regulation, must be located in a state or territory of the United States when conducting utilization review or an appeals consideration and cannot be located on a US military base, vessel or any embassy located in or outside of the US.
Minimum of 10 years of clinical experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Managed care experience preferred
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.