Anthem, Inc. Behavioral Health Case Manager I or II Adoption AssistanceTeam in Savannah, Georgia
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Behavioral Health Case Manager I or II (Adoption AssistanceTeam) - Georgia
Work Location – Remote Must be located in Georgia and within a commutable distance to an Amerigroup Location
Occasional office visits for meetings and/or training are required. Note: Temporarily not doing fieldwork. Telephonic outreach only due to the pandemic.
Responsible for performing case management telephonically and/or by home visits within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs as well as outreach to pregnant members. Note: Temporarily not doing fieldwork. Telephonic outreach only due to the pandemic.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to: • Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs. • Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops a care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during the assessment. • Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed. • Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost-effective care. • Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members attends meetings as dictated by member needs and collaborates with providers.
Additional Details Specific to this Role:
• Opening cases for newly adopted members
• Reviewing medical records, utilizing multiple computer programs
• Complete comprehensive assessments (Initial Assessment, Health Risk Screening, and Psychotropic Medication Tool)
• Develop and revise Care Plans.
• Monitors member's progress towards their goals and completes clinical documentation in the medical record.
• Facilitate BH & PH service referrals and ensure that members are receiving preventative/routine maintenance examinations i.e EPSDT, gynecological, dental, and mental health appointments, etc.
• Provide post-discharge care coordination, ensuring member's stability, and linkage to services. • Ability to lead family team meetings, engage with multiple stakeholders, and handle multiple complex communications
• Requires MS or MA in social work, counseling, or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing is required • 3 years of clinical experience in social work counseling with a broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment is required • or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. • Current active unrestricted license as an RN, LCSW / LMSW, LPC / LAPC, LMFT to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in Georgia is required. • Experience in case management and telephonic and/or in-person coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders preferred. • Excellent oral and written communication skills. • Computer skills: You will receive training on Anthem specific applications, however, you must be comfortable working on a laptop with web-based applications. You must have experience working with MS Word, Outlook, and Excel. If you are not computer savvy this may hinder your ability to be successful in this position. • This position requires local travel. You must be comfortable visiting members in their homes, in the community, or facility.
• Knowledge and experience of adoptions and/or adoption assistance.
• Experience working with children in foster care.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.