Anthem, Inc. Behavioral Health Case Mgr I or II Western State Hospital Liaison in Seattle, Washington
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Behavioral Health Case Manager II – Western State Hospital Liaison
Location: Western Region of Washington State – Remote Opportunity – Ideal candidate resides within the greater Tacoma, WA area
The Behavioral Health Case Manager II – Hospital Liaison is responsible for performing case management through site visits within State Hospital setting and telephonic outreach aligned with the scope of their licensure for members with behavioral health and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs. Subject matter expert in targeted clinical areas of expertise such as Eating Disorders (ED) Maternity Alcohol / Drug Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) etc.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
• Responds to more complex cases and account specific requests.
• Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs.
• Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops specific care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
• Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed.
• Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care.
• Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers in order to assure a successful transition out of the State Hospital setting.
• Serves as a resource to other BH Case Mgrs.
• Participates in cross-functional team projects and initiatives.
• Requires MS or MA in social work counseling or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing; 3- 4 years of clinical experience in social work counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
• Current active unrestricted license as an RN LCSW LMHC LPC (as allowed by applicable state laws) LMFT or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in the state of Washington required.
For Government business only LAPC LAMFT LMSW (as allowed by applicable state laws) is also acceptable in addition to other licensure referenced above; and any other state or federal requirements that may apply.
• Previous experience in case management and telephonic and/or in person coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders.
• Managed care experience preferred.
• Inpatient BH Social Work discharge planning experience preferred.
• Experience in health coaching and motivational interviewing techniques preferred.
• Requires 50% travel
• Ideal candidate resides within the greater Tacoma, WA area.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.