Anthem, Inc. Health Educator in St. Louis, Missouri
SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Health Educator I is responsible for participating in delivery of patient education, development of care plan goals / interventions and for performing health coaching for members, for health improvement/wellness programs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Provides information to members eligible for Health Promotion/Wellness Programs.
• Conducts assessments to identify individual member knowledge, skills and behavioral needs.
• Identifies and/or coordinates specific health coaching plan needs to address objectives and goals identified during assessments.
• Interfaces with provider and other health professionals to coordinate health coaching plan for the member.
• Implements and/or coordinates coaching and/or care plans by educating members regarding health needs.
• Uses motivational interviewing to facilitate health behavior change.
• Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of interventions and/or health coaching plans and modifies as needed.
• Directs members to facilities, community agencies and appropriate provider/network.
• Refers member to disease management or catastrophic case management.
• Focuses on improving member health by promoting incremental behavior change leading to healthier outcomes.
• Requires BA/BS in appropriate field of specialization; MS preferred.
• 2 years of related experience in direct care health education exercise instruction or patient education.
• certification or advanced certification and/or license appropriate to field of specialty as required
• or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Prior experience in health coaching wellness/disease management in a call center environment and/or patient education and behavior change techniques and strong understanding of disease management principles is preferred.
• Residency in the State of Missouri is required.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.